In 2005, the IPN instituted an annual retreat to be held each fall. The purpose of the retreat is to share the latest in research projects ongoing in the Program, provide a forum for improving all aspects of the program, and build camaraderie between the faculty and students.
Date & Location
Date: 2019 retreat: October 3rd – October 4th
Location: Prince William Forest Park in Triangle, Virginia
(45 minutes south of Georgetown)
- Sleeping bag or twin sheets & blanket
- Towels, shampoo, hand soap
- Snacks, desserts, beer
- A flashlight
- Bug spray (no bugs were sighted last year, however, we recognize the possibility of bugs generally)
- Cleaning supplies/toilet paper (just in case)
- IPN T-shirt
- An attitude ready to enjoy both science and society
Take a look at the fun moments captured during previous retreats!